Are Plustec windows and doors Environmentally Friendly?
Life Cycle Assessment Analysis provides clear evidence that windows and doors produced from uPVC consume far less energy and release far less CO2 into the atmosphere during manufacture than aluminium windows and doors. Fundamentally, uPVC windows and doors have a significantly lower carbon footprint.
The use of Ca-Zn stabilised uPVC provides a further environmental advantage through the absence of lead. The use of Ca-Zn stabilisers means that all profiles and accessories are fully recyclable.
Do Plustec windows and doors have high energy performance?
Australians currently pay a staggering $800m per annum for energy that is lost through their windows! Why? Because only 2% of homes have energy efficient windows and only 5% have double-glazing. With eight million households in Australia, the loss amounts to about $100 per household. These figures do not include commercial buildings, which experience even greater losses.
Plustec windows and doors have 24mm double-glazing, which provides excellent energy efficiency. They also:
• Have a high energy efficient three-chamber system
• Feature frames with a low U-value and wide air gap
• Use high quality gaskets in the double sealing system
• Have corners fully welded for water and air tightness, and
• Have a higher rebate height than other profiles to provide better water tightness.
How do Plustec windows and doors perform acoustically?
Plustec windows and doors have superior acoustic performance. The wide air gap provides improved sound insulation.
How does the Tilt and Turn system work?
Our standard windows are European Tilt and Turn.
A window is primarily used in the tilt mode, with the turn operation used for cleaning the outside glass from the inside (as well as for additional ventilation if required). Our french and sliding doors also tilt, providing a means of securely leaving a door open for ventilation.
What about bush fire protection?
Plustec windows can be used in bushfire prone areas and can achieve the following ratings:
• BAL 19 – Standard Plustec Window with specific glass configurations
• BAL 29 – Standard Plustec Window with specific glass configurations
• BAL 40 – Aluminium clad Plustec Window with specific glass configurations
What maintenance is required?
The beauty of Plustec is that both windows and doors are virtually maintenance-free! They just require cleaning, which is made easier by the smooth rebate in the frame and infrequent oiling of hardware.
How secure are the windows and doors?
We use 24mm overall thickness double-glazing and higher. Our profiles are steel reinforced, and all steel in the sash frame, transom and mullion profiles are the same.
We use European hardware, which fits a standard rebate located for highest security. Multiple locking points fitted to the windows ensures an air and water-tight seal. The hardware is screw-fixed through two profile walls, and steel if required, providing additional security.
What colours do you offer?
At this stage we offer the following:
• Standard white or offwhite and Golden Oak, Silverlight and Anthracite Grey foils
• Zobel specialised uPVC paint for one side or both sides in RAL colours or Colorbond matches.
• A range of Aluminium clad, standard powder coat colours
• Handles and hinges are available in a range of colours.
• Other Renolit foils are also available with a 12 week lead time.
Handles and hinges are also available in a range of colours.
These are our most frequently asked questions, but if you have a question that we haven’t addressed here, please don’t hesitate to give us a call or shoot us an email and we will be in touch as soon as possible!